Imagine you’ve already changed
Imagine that tonight, as you sleep, your world magically changes.
You wake up tomorrow morning with everything you’ve ever wanted.
Every life change, every goal, everything you’ve ever striven for has been achieved.
You don’t how know this wondrous transformation occurred — you were asleep, after all — but you know it’s perfect.
You open your eyes, yawn, and look around.
Now answer a question for us:
How will you know that your life has changed? Which things are different?
What is “progress”?
If you’re going somewhere, how will you know when you get there?
And how will you know that you’re on track to your destination?
At 4D, we like to focus on three important measures of progress:
- Body composition: How much lean mass and body fat do you have?
- Health: Are your body systems operating well?
- Fitness and athletic performance: How do you perform in the gym or in your chosen activities?
In other words: How do you look, feel, and perform?
On your measurement days, we ask for body weight, stress levels, blood glucose, body fat, and maybe photos. While these numbers are helpful, they’re only a small part of what you’ll improve in 4D Coaching.
For instance, using the three measures of progress above, you might also improve:
- your blood profile (e.g., triglycerides, cholesterol)
- work capacity
- immune system
You’re here for your own reasons.
Your 4D Coaching journey — and your body — is unique.
What counts as “progress” to you will be different than what determines “progress” for someone else.
Track other kinds of progress
It’s hard to see “progress” in daily life because you see yourself every day.
But you can easily measure other types of progress, depending on your goals:
- Can you lift 10 pounds more today than you could last month?
- Can you run 5 minutes longer than you could last week?
- Have you been virus-free this year — after getting 6 colds last year?
- Has your LDL (“bad”) cholesterol gone down from your last blood test?
While these are “hard facts”, other types of progress are intangible. And some can really surprise you.
For instance, here’s what some of our previous clients said improved:
- “I walk tall now.”
- “My posture is better.”
- “I’m so much happier on the inside.”
- “I’ve become a better father / husband.”
- “I feel healthy.”
- “I feel confident in my food decisions.”
- “I’m more organised.”
- “I’m stronger…inside and out.”
- “I’m determined.”
- “I’m more focused.”
Track what’s important to YOU
4D Coaching is YOUR journey. So track what’s important and meaningful to YOU.
- What will tell me that I am getting better at doing what I want to do?
- How do I know I’m on track to my goals?
- If I get what I want, how will I know?
Look for progress everywhere
You never know where progress may lurk. Keep an open mind, and hunt for it.
You’ll find that it’s easier to let yourself go slowly if you can find small signs of everyday progress.